I have recently read so many complaints from people within Facebook Groups that their Pins are being stolen. Yes your Pinterest Pins can be stolen. They look the same but when you click on read it takes you to a completely different and often unrelated website. This is because the original owner of the pin did not create them as Rich Pins.
In the past I had often clicked on something within Pinterest only to be disappointed that it went to something totally different from what the pin suggested. I always wondered why they would make a pin that didn’t relate to their site. That is until I learnt about Pinterest for my business and how to use it properly.
You really need to have your Pinterest account registered as a business account and then you can create Rich Pins. However, there is a process that you need to do to get them validated. Here I am going to give you two ways to get them validated as it does depend on whether you use Yoast or All in One SEO on your site. These are the two most popular SEO plugins for WordPress. I personally use All in One SEO so I will start with that.
However, before following the process please make sure your Pinterest account is registered as a Business and is associated with your Website.
First, you need to ensure you have The Social Meta activated within your All in One SEO.
1. Click on All in One SEO and then
2. Click on Feature Manager from the drop down list. You will find the Social Meta feature second in the list as shown here.
3. Click Activate. Mine is already done in this image. You can now see Social Meta in your All in One SEO list in the left hand menu.
4. Click on this and you will get a whole list of things to choose to do. We only need to concentrate on two sections.
The first section you need to fill in is the first one, Home page settings.
1. Tick the AIOSEO box. This means that the information you put into your original home page will be used for the pins. If you cannot remember that information you can find it in general settings from the All in One SEO menu.
2. Add your site Name.
You can add an image if you want a specific one shown. I didn’t as I already have an image associated with my site that I am happy with. You will see this later in the process to get Rich Pins.
Next scroll down to the social profile links section. There are others that can be filled in but are not necessary for this process.
Add your Pinterest URL. You can see I have also added Instagram but you don’t need to. Click on Person or Organisation. Most of us are sole traders so Person is the most appropriate.
Next put in an associated name. This could be your name. I personally have a brand “With Grace and Gratitude” and I want this to show on my pins.
Scroll to bottom and Click update. Now you are ready to get your site Validated for Rich Pins by Pinterest.
Here you will see the instructions for adding Rich Pins from the Pinterest side.
It is quite simple. All you need is to copy any URL from your website and enter it in the box provided. It is not in this image as I had already filled it in.
One you press Validate you will get a message saying Thankyou and an email will be sent to you if they have any questions or to give you the next steps.
You will also see something like this.
Now you can see how my associated image shows up automatically.
Now you wait. They say it can take up to a week to hear back but I got my email within an hour. Don’t panic if it doesn’t come back to you that quickly though. You might need some patience.
You should get an email like this.
And now you everything you pin from your website should be Rich Pins.
Creating Rich Pins with Yoast
Yoast is a plugin that many bloggers use for their SEO. I have never used it but I haven’t heard anything bad about it so if you don’t have All in One SEO which I get free with my hosting at Wealthy Affiliate you might want to add Yoast as a free plugin for your WordPress website.
1. If you are using Yoast for the first time, the initial set up process asks for your social media profiles, so make sure to put your Pinterest account in there. The set up process is simple as it takes you through a simple process for set up.
2. Once Yoast is installed, go to the Yoast dashboard. This will be on the left in your main website dashboard. Click on Features. Make sure Advanced Settings are set to Enabled.
3. Go to https://developers.pinterest.c… Put in any URL from your site, (e.g the URL of your last post) into the Validator box at the bottom of the page. Click the button that says Validate. There is no code to insert as Yoast does it all from here. You will get an email from Pinterest to tell you that your rich pins are enabled. It can take a while for this but usually it will be in a couple of days at most but they do say up to a week.
Once validated anything you or anyone else Pins from your website will be a Rich Pin. The validation process with Yoast is the same as with All in One SEO so check above at the images to show you what you will get back from Pinterest.
If you don’t want your pins stolen and diverted to other websites, get your pins turned into Rich Pins as soon as you can. Obviously there are the other benefits that come along with it too. The title will now be shown in bold and will therefore, stand out from the crowd. Read my post on the best use of Pinterest here.
How I Make A Living Online
I make my living online, through affiliate marketing and I have learnt everything I needed to know about building such a business through Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is a comprehensive training platform for anyone wanting to either start an online business or build upon an existing one.
If you want to check it out for free with no credit card required click on the link below.
Hopefully, you can now turn your pins into rich pins and increase your traffic through Pinterest.
If you have found this post useful then please do me a favour and give it a share on your favourite social media platform. Sharing is Caring.
As ever if you have any questions or want to share your own thoughts or experiences, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
With Grace and Gratitude
Please be aware that this post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, I will earn a commission but it will not cost you any more.